Acceptable Use Policy
You must not use our broadband services, including associated computer security or backup services and software:
- in a way that breaches any legislation or any licence applicable to you or that is in any way unlawful or fraudulent; or
- to deliver, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any information or material which is abusive, defamatory, grossly offensive, indecent, obscene or menacing or in breach of the privacy rights of any individual; or
- to deliver, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any information or material which is offensive or discriminatory to people on grounds of gender, sexual orientation; age, race, colour, disability, religion or belief; or
- to distribute child pornography or in any way for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way; or
- to send or procure the sending of any chain letters or unsolicited advertising or promotional material (“spamming”); or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware; or
- in any way which threatens the integrity and/or security of any network or computer system; or
- in any way which degrades or interferes with other users’ use of any of our services or may, in our opinion, do so) ; or
- to attempt to gain unauthorised entry to any site or network; or
- in any way that contravenes generally accepted standards of internet or other network conduct and usage; or
- in an way which infringes any intellectual property rights of any third party or breaches a third party non-disclosure agreement or obligation; or
- in any way that does not comply with our specific instructions or to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which we deem inappropriate.
If we believe that your use of our broadband service is:
- in breach of our Acceptable Use Policy; or
is adversely affecting:
- our network (or any part of it); or
- our other customers’ use of our services
We reserve the right to manage or regulate your usage. We will not impose any restrictions on your use of our broadband service without prior notice unless we are required to do so by our own suppliers. If after we have sent you a notice, we believe that your use of the broadband service continues to be in breach of our Acceptable Use Policy or to adversely affect our network (or any part of it) or our other customers’ use of our services then we may manage the type of traffic you are passing and/or suspend or terminate your service. You can contact us by email at email@example.com or by calling our customer services team on 0344 880 0444 if you wish to discuss any action we have taken.
We may revise our Acceptable Use Policy at any time by posting the updated version of the policy to our website. You are expected to check this policy from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.